MySuper Age Based Investment product consists of investments in a "particular pre-mixed investment option according to the member's age".
This product is responsibly invested across different asset classes with a focus on investments in solar & wind farms, clean technology projects, hospitals & schools, green property portfolio, water efficiency etc.
Below is an excerpt from our fact sheet on "How we invest your money" as part of our product disclosure document, which outlines the RI strategy applied to the product.
"Examples of the responsible investments LGS makes across different asset classes on behalf of our members include:
• International shares - We invest in listed companies that focus on biofuels, energy and water efficiency, recycling and renewable energy generation equipment and development.
• Australian direct property - We own a green property portfolio of office, industrial and retail buildings and have achieved numerous industry awards in recognition of our efforts to reduce energy and water consumption and increase sustainability.
• Private equity - We invest in unlisted funds to enable the development of solar and wind farms, biofuel plants and clean technology projects.
• Absolute returns - We invest in electricity and environmental markets to manage climate risks.
• Australian bonds- We invest in Green Bonds issued by corporations and community infrastructure including hospitals and schools.
• International bonds- We invest in long-term, large scale renewable energy generation projects such as wind and solar farms via Green Bonds issued by international agency banks."
Investment restrictions applied to this product are:
- LGS will not actively invest in companies that derive any revenue from:
- Controversial weapons - including the manufacture and/or production of controversial weapons such as land mines, cluster bombs and nuclear weapons.
- Tobacco - including the manufacture and/or production of tobacco products.
- LGS will not actively invest in companies that derive 10% or more of their revenue from:
- Armaments - including the manufacture and/or production of armaments.
- Gambling - including the manufacture and/or production of gambling machines and services and/or ownership of outlets housing these machines.
- Old growth logging - including involvement in logging of old growth forests.
- Uranium mining/nuclear - including involvement in uranium mining and production of nuclear energy.
- LGS will not actively invest in companies that derive 33.3% or more of their revenue from:
- High carbon sensitive activities - including coal mining, oil tar sands and coal fired electricity generation.
- LGS will not actively invest in companies that are identified as:
- High ESG risk - including poor governance and management of ESG risks.